Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5E, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR™)
This must-have updated volume offers a common language for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and study of mental disorders and facilitates an objective assessment of symptom presentations across a variety of clinical settings—inpatient, outpatient, partial hospital, consultation-liaison, clinical, private practice, and primary care. Stay current with these important updates to DSM-5-TR:
• Fully revised text for each disorder with updated sections on associated features, development and course, risk factors, culture, suicide, differential diagnosis, and more.
• Addition of prolonged grief disorder to Section II—a new disorder for diagnosis
• New codes to flag and monitor suicidal behavior, available to all clinicians of any discipline and without the requirement of any other diagnosis
• Modified criteria sets with helpful clarifications since publication of DSM-5
• Fully updated ICD-10-CM codes implemented since 2013, including over 50 coding updates new to DSM-5-TR for substance intoxication and withdrawalUpdated and redesigned Diagnostic Classification
This manual is a valuable resource for other physicians and health professionals, including psychologists, counselors, nurses, and occupational and rehabilitation therapists, as well as social workers and forensic and legal specialists. DSM-5-TR is the most definitive resource for the diagnosis and classification of mental disorders.
Audience: Clinical psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and other mental health care professionals