- Author: Marcus Drake, Hashim Hashim, Andrew Gammie
- ISBN: 9781118844717
- Publisher: Wiley
- Pages: 640
- Year Published: 2021
A complete guide to urodynamic investigation in modern health care!
Urodynamic testing is an ever-advancing field with applications in the management of patients from across a wide range of clinical areas. Bringing together fundamental principles and cutting-edge innovations, Abrams’ Urodynamics has been designed as an all-in-one guide to Functional Urology and Urogynecology, offering direct, up-to-date instruction on how to best perform and understand urodynamic tests within the overall treatment pathway. Its chapters cover everything from everyday basic practice to advanced complex cases, and are enhanced with more than 450 helpful illustrations. Including numerous revisions and new features, this fourth edition of the book boasts:
- Coverage of all investigative approaches, including uroflowmetry, cystometry, video-urodynamics, and non-invasive techniques
- Details on the successful running of a urodynamic unit, with information on organizational issues, equipment set-up, and common problems and pitfalls.
- Sections addressing children, women, men, the elderly, and neuropaths
- Extensive description of International Continence Society (ICS) Standards throughout
- Appendices that include ICS Standards and Fundamentals documents, ICIQ modules, and Patient Information Leaflets
With its wealth of clinical tips, illustrations, new innovations, and hands-on advice, Abrams’ Urodynamics is essential reading for all those wishing to better integrate urodynamic testing into their daily practice.