Nelson's Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy 2017
New 23rd Edition! This bestselling and widely used resource on pediatric antimicrobial therapy provides instant access to reliable, up-to-the-minute recommendations for treatment of all infectious diseases in children.
For each disease, the authors provide a commentary to help health care providers select the best of all antimicrobial choices. Drug descriptions cover all antimicrobial agents available today and include complete information about dosing regimens. In response to growing concerns about overuse of antibiotics, the program includes guidelines on when not to prescribe antimicrobials.
Practical, evidence-based recommendations from the experts in antimicrobial therapy
- Developed by distinguished editorial board
- Designed for those who take care of children and are faced with decisions every day
- At-a-glance tables of bacterial and fungal pathogen susceptibilities to commonly used antimicrobials
- Includes treatment of parasitic infections and tropical medicine
- Updated assessments regarding the strength of the recommendation and the level of evidence for treatment recommendations for major infections
- Anti-infective drug listing, complete with formulations and dosages
- Antibiotic therapy for obese children
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis/prevention of symptomatic infection
- Maximal adult dosages and higher dosages of some antimicrobials commonly used in children