Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction 8th edition, International Edition
Designed to help students become effective, reflective practitioners,
this fully updated edition of the most widely used occupational therapy
text for the course continues to emphasize the “whys” as well as the
“how-tos” of holistic assessment and treatment.
Now in striking full color and co-edited by renowned educators and authors Diane Powers Dirette and Sharon Gutman, Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction, Eighth Edition features expert coverage of the latest assessment techniques and most recent trends in clinical practice. In addition, the book now explicitly integrates “Frames of Reference” to help students connect theories to practice and features a new six-part organization, thirteen all-new chapters, new pedagogy, and more.
- NEW! An expert new co-editor team brings a breadth of experience to this edition.
- NEW! AFrames of Reference section shows students how to connect the concepts to actual practice.
- NEW!Five new chapters in Sections 1, 2, and 3 cover Documentation of Occupational Therapy Services (Chapter 6), Visual Perceptual Assessment and Intervention (Chapter 9), Communication Assessment and Intervention (18), Cranial Nerve Assessment (20), and Assistive Technology (Chapter 26).
- NEW! Eight new chapters in Sections 4, 5, and 6 cover Biomechanical, Rehabilitation: Motor Learning and Task-Oriented Approach; Functional Uses of Neurological Approaches; Diabetes; Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias; Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia; Sleep Disorders Secondary to Orthopedic and Neurological Disorders; and Psychosocial Adaptation to Disability.
- NEW! Major updates to the coverage of Rehabilitation Technology prepare students for practice in today’s rapidly changing environment.
- NEW! Online videos are now referred to at relevant areas of the text to further reinforce concepts and bring techniques to life.
- Case Examples describe both the OT process and the clinical reasoning behind the interventions.
- Evidence tables summarize research studies to equip students with the best evidence for the effectiveness of the interventions.
- Assessment tables highlight the psychometric properties and the strengths and weaknesses of individual assessment methods.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more