Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Therapeutics
- Provides collated information on novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) biology, including replication, genetics, and pathogenesis
- Discusses the pathogenesis of various emerging and re-emerging SARS coronaviruses
- Summarizes prevention with potential therapeutics against novel SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.
- Highlights prevention and control strategies for COVID-19 and novel SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Reviews the host-pathogen interaction, host immune response and clinical manifestation of the human Coronavirus disease COVID-19
This book provides a comprehensive overview of recent novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) infection, their biology and associated challenges for their treatment and prevention of novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Discussing various aspects of COVID-19 infection, including global epidemiology, genome organization, immunopathogenesis, transmission cycle, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control strategies, it highlights host-pathogen interactions, host immune response, and pathogen immune invasion strategies toward developing an immune intervention or preventive vaccine for COVID-19.
An understanding of the topics covered in the book is imperative in the context of designing strategies to protect the human race from further losses and harm due to SARS-CoV-2 infection causing COVID-19.