- Author: Barlow
- ISBN: 9780857110831
- Publisher: PHARMACEUTICAL PRESS
- Pages: 272
- Year Published: 2014
FASTtrack: Chemistry of Drugs
focuses on what you really need to know in order to pass your pharmacy
exams. It boasts concise bulleted information, key points, tips and a
range of self assessment MCQs to consolidate learning.
Written by experts in the field and furnished with over 300 figures, this well illustrated book offers an accessible introduction to subjects that are fundamental to pharmaceutical science. It covers all the key aspects of organic chemistry, elementary medicinal chemistry, and biochemistry, required by undergraduate pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences students.
Read an interview with the authors, who talk about how to learn the chemistry of drugs and the best way of using the book to revise for exams.
Are your exams coming up? Are you drowning in textbooks and lecture notes and wondering where to begin? Take the FASTtrack route and study successfully for your exams.
FASTtrack offers the ultimate lecture notes and is a must-have for all pharmacy undergraduate students and pre-registration trainees wanting to study, revise and practice MCQs ahead of exams.
1. Chemical structure and bonding
2. Intermolecular interactions
3. Acids and bases
5. Chemical reaction mechanisms
6. Chemistry of electrophiles and nucleophiles
7. Chemistry of aromatic compounds
8. Chemistry of carbonyl compounds
9. Chemistry of aromatic heterocyclic compounds
10. Amino acids, peptides and proteins
11. Carbohydrates and nucleic acids
12. Lipids and steroids
13. Chemical stability of drugs
14. Drug metabolism
15. Molecular spectroscopy and pharmaceutical analysis
16. Drug licensing and pharmacopoeia
Answers to self-assessment