FASTtrack: Chemistry of Drugs
focuses on what you really need to know in order to pass your pharmacy
exams. It boasts concise bulleted information, key points, tips and a
range of self assessment MCQs to consolidate learning.
by experts in the field and furnished with over 300 figures, this well
illustrated book offers an accessible introduction to subjects that are
fundamental to pharmaceutical science. It covers all the key aspects of
organic chemistry, elementary medicinal chemistry, and biochemistry,
required by undergraduate pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences students.
your exams coming up? Are you drowning in textbooks and lecture notes
and wondering where to begin? Take the FASTtrack route and study
successfully for your exams.
FASTtrack offers the ultimate
lecture notes and is a must-have for all pharmacy undergraduate students
and pre-registration trainees wanting to study, revise and practice
MCQs ahead of exams.
1. Chemical structure and bonding
2. Intermolecular interactions
3. Acids and bases
5. Chemical reaction mechanisms
6. Chemistry of electrophiles and nucleophiles
7. Chemistry of aromatic compounds
8. Chemistry of carbonyl compounds
9. Chemistry of aromatic heterocyclic compounds
10. Amino acids, peptides and proteins
11. Carbohydrates and nucleic acids
12. Lipids and steroids
13. Chemical stability of drugs
14. Drug metabolism
15. Molecular spectroscopy and pharmaceutical analysis
16. Drug licensing and pharmacopoeia
Answers to self-assessment