Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Imaging 5E
The book that set the standard for the role of correlating imaging
findings to clinical findings as part of a comprehensive patient
evaluation, more specific treatment plans and better outcomes is back in
a New Edition.
Here's everything Physical Therapists need to know about medical imaging. This comprehensive guide helps you develop the skills and knowledge you need to accurately interpret imaging studies and understand written reports.
Begin with a basic introduction to radiology; then progress to evaluating radiographs and advanced imaging from head to toe. Imaging for commonly seen traumas and pathologies, as well as case studies prepare you to meet the most common to most complex challenges in clinical and practice.
- Routine radiologic evaluations for each anatomic region and joint that explain how the image is recorded and how the patient is positioned
- A complete, normal series of x-rays for every joint in the body and every region of the spine
- A wealth of photographs and illustrations that bring the principles and their applications to life
- Real-life case studies in each chapter showing you how to integrate imaging into physical therapy interventions and clinical practice
- "Summary of Key Point" boxes and "Self-Tests" with radiographs at the end of every chapter
- Routine radiologic exam series featured on the inside back cover
- Summary table comparing all imaging modalities on the inside front cover
- Content on advanced imaging, including CT, MRI, and diagnostic ultrasound