Principles of Cell Biology, 3E
Principles of Cell Biology, Third Edition builds a conceptual framework of cell biology using 14, easy-to-understand principles to show how cells function and why we study them.
The text begins with an introduction to the fundamental molecular building blocks of cells: sugars, proteins, nucleic acids, and lipids and then moves on to illustrate how cells use these building blocks to perform their essential functions. With each chapter devoted to a specific principle, students will gain knowledge and understanding that will remain long after the course is complete.
- Every chapter now has a Case Study (often clinically-related) and an Applied Cell Biology box that illustrates technology's impact on the field
- Every chapter has a theme (the Principle) stated up front. This provides context for the subject matter — rather than simply explain what happens in cells — that makes the details fit together
- New callout boxes for finding additional information on the web
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
- Cell Biology
- Introduction to Cell Biology