The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine 3e
- Provides the background information behind clinical practice through in-depth, peer-reviewed chapters, and broad coverage of the field
- Includes contributions from more than 1000 of the world's leading specialists in cardiology
- Continually updated by the author team
- Highly illustrated with multi-media features, including over 350 videos, embedded in the text
- Cross-referenced links to ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines, related content, and primary research data in European Heart Journal via ESC CardioMed
New to this Edition:
- Completely revamped table of contents covering over 63 disciplines within cardiology
- Now split into six key parts: Introduction to the cardiovascular system; Investigations; Heart diseases; Vascular disease; Specific populations - gender and race; and Other aspects of cardiology
Winner of the BMA Cardiology Book Award 2019
The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine
Edited by A. John Camm, Thomas F. Lüscher, Gerald Maurer, and Patrick W. Serruys
DescriptionThis new, third edition of The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine is a ground-breaking initiative from the European Society of Cardiology that transforms reference publishing in cardiovascular medicine to better serve the changing needs of the global cardiology community. Providing the background information behind clinical practice and the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines, this publication is an invaluable resource for cardiologists across the world.
Overseen by Professors A. John Camm, Thomas F. Lüscher, Gerald Maurer, and Patrick W. Serruys, supported by an editorial board of subject experts, and with more than 1000 of the world's leading specialists - from researchers to clinicians - contributing, this dynamic encyclopaedic resource covers more than 63 disciplines within cardiology. Split into six parts: Introduction to the cardiovascular system; Investigations; Heart diseases; Vascular disease; Specific populations - gender and race; and Other aspects of Cardiology, The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine gives readers a trustworthy insight into all aspects of cardiovascular medicine.
To respond nimbly to the rapid evolution of the field, the textbook is also published online in an innovative digital version, titled ESC CardioMed. This digital resource is continually updated by the author teams. With expert editors and authors, and stringent peer-review, it combines the discoverability of digital with the higest standards of academic publishing. Highly illustrated, with embedded multi-media features, along with cross-referenced links to the ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines, related content, and primary research in the European Heart Journal, ESC CardioMed provides users with a dynamic, forward-thinking resource, at the heart of cardiology.
As a continually evolving knowledge base, The ESC Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, together with the online counterpart ESC CardioMed, equips all cardiologists - from trainees and consultants, to device specialists and allied healthcare professionals - with a powerful, multi-faceted resource covering all aspects of cardiovsacular medicine.